Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Day 2: Opening Ceremony + 1st Korean Class

Had our opening ceremony with the rest of the students under the Winter Korean Language Program. The whole hall was filled with students all over the world! The 2nd and 3rd row was actually reserved for us as told by Teacher Lee yesterday. Was almost late for the opening ceremony due to the late night celebration of my birthday yesterday. haha! still thankful to the awesome peeps.


A teacher from France playing the saxophone! Awesome!


 The huge amount of people after the opening ceremony. We had to wait behind to go down the stairs!

We then went to the school canteen to have our lunch then went for class. Climbing that dreadful hill and climbing the stairs. Finally reached our classroom at #306! Had first half of the lesson from 1 pm to 3 pm. We had to meet the dean of IIE at 3pm at #210. Before the dean came, my teacher called my name out and walked over to me and ask if my birthday is today. Not long later, the dean came. The dean happened to go to Singapore and met someone from SIM EduAbroad and thus having this chance to organize this program. We are the very first batch there! The dean told us that he would take very good care of us and that if there is any problem, we could let him or Prof. Kim know. He is really nice I must say. :)

So after meeting the dean, we went back to class. Then the light turned off and my teacher brought in a cake for me! I think he secretly went to buy it after the meeting with the dean ended. No wonder he took quite some time to come to class. Everyone sang birthday song in Korean for me. Super touched then. :) 


The cake from my teacher! 너무 예뻐다!! 선생님 감사합니다! (So pretty! Thank you teacher!)

1st class was great. Although I learnt about the Korean alphabet again. But I still learnt a lot of new stuff!


 Dinner at Dongdaemun! :)


 Kimbap, Bibimbap, Dokpokki and Spicy Ramen! :)


 Found a special section of YG Entertainment stuff in a shop at a mall at Dongdaemun. :)


 Came out again for supper as we had dinner early and it started to snow!! ^.^


 First time experiencing snow and it's on my birthday! double yayness!! ^.^


I didn't try pig intestine before so decided to try it at a roadside stall near the dorm. :)

Went back to the room after supper and did my homework! Time for rest! :)

Happy birthday to me again!

No comments:

Post a Comment