Monday, December 16, 2013

Finally arrived at Seoul!

So I am finally here! In Seoul!! Was quite tiring though. Especially when I was out the whole day for dance and dinner for my early birthday celebration before directly heading home to grab all my luggage and headed out again to the airport due to the midnight flight. It was super rushing but at least I managed to get on the flight and here I am in Seoul in my dorm.


I am off to Seoul!


Mum and sis sent me off. I was super touched. Told myself a number of times not to turn back and look at them when I was walking in because I knew I would break down.. haha. Glad I didn't. Went to the gate but was asked to wait because there was some passenger wanting to change seats with me because I am a sole traveler. But at least I still got a window seat and I think it's better than the one I chose!


Good bye Singapore!





 And hello Seoul!


The meal I had on the plane! Omelette with sausage and potatoes.


Airport was really huge. Had to take the monorail to get my baggage. Found the area without any problem. Cleared immigration then to the baggage claim area. My luggage was out but it was on top of another person's baggage! Had to get the airport staff people to get it down for me. hehe..

After getting my luggage, went to look for K Books to collect the prepaid SIM card I ordered online. Really glad that I get mine online because when I was there, there was a sign saying "ordered online collection only" and if I bought it directly at Seoul when I arrived, it can only get activated/bought 3 days after I arrive which means no phone until 19 December! Thank god I researched about it.


That's my Korean number for this whole program! :)

After collecting the SIM card, slowly walked to the meeting area to board the bus to go to the dorm. I thought I was the latest since the last batch of people arrived at 8:40am. It turned out that I was the first one there at the meeting area! and it was already 9:30am by then! 


At the meeting area, apparently the person-in-charge who was suppose to meet us thought that there was 16 people to pick up at the airport. But 1 had already arrived yesterday and would find his way to the dorm. However, the student representative who picked us up would want to go unless it is confirmed that that 1 student had really already arrived. So everyone was a bit frustrated about it. Waited until about 10 plus and we board the bus to the dorm. We had to walk quite a distance to the bus and our sweaters were all in the luggage! Boy was it cold! Checked the temperature using my phone and it was -8 degrees!!

The bus dropped us a distance away from the dorm and we had to wait awhile for the person-in-charge of the dorm to come out and meet us to bring us in. It looks like a mini apartment with lifts on the ground floor and a number lock on the door. Very high tech indeed! He informed us our rooms and we went up to put our luggages. Girls are on the 4th floor and guys are on the 5th floor. With all the rules and everything, we didn't dare to do anything wrong. haha.

We found out that the person-in-charge of the dorm randomly assign the rooms and some of us had friends. So we did our own dorm assignment instead so that friends could stay in the same room together. I got someone who came alone too! Which is more convenient. :)


My room. My bed is the bottom one.


The train station is just right beside of the room! And we could hear the train and the music when the train is about to arrive. It is super irritating for a while. Not sure what would happen later.


Look at those stairs at the train station! I heard people talking about how much stairs they had to climb but i totally had no idea that it would be that much! Scary totally!

Decided to walk around a bit with my room mate (Wen Lin) after placing and unpacking the luggage. Went to lunch at Burger King super near the school. Ordered with my broken Korean that I learnt online on YouTube before heading to Seoul and am so glad that they understood! :)

After eating, we walked around a little more and headed back. Some wanted to eat dinner so went out again and met 2 of them (Zac and Rayner) to head out to the famous pancake street for our dinner!


The pancake is super huge! Kimchi pancake and seafood pancake. I don't really take spicy food but the pancake is really super awesome!


Soup Stew! :)


The lovely auntie from the shop gave all of us peanut sweets! So nice of her. :)

Gonna get some rest now. Early and long day tomorrow. Placement test, orientation and Campus tour! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment