Thursday, January 9, 2014

Day 23 (Final Day): Rolling paper + Closing Ceremony + Farewell dinner

Final day of the program! Was packing up to leave and there were vibrations on my phone with messages of writing cards for the 2 teachers who taught us Korean and also staying by us helping us taking care of us and helping us to get used to staying in Korea especially in the cold weather!


Hand written messages from us! ^.^


I thought the card was bought somewhere. But until I looked carefully. It is all hand made and drawn by Hui Mei! So talented! Gosh!

Went to school for the final time. Went to the classroom. Today is just writing on rolling paper and watching documentary show on Korean food while eating snacks teacher bought. Rolling paper is actually a tradition in Korea when it come to the last day of a special occasion whereby everyone write their final messages on a paper and the paper is passed around. So touching for this part. Some even said that they almost cried while writing it! Me included!


Completed rolling paper written by all 15 classmates of mine + 2 more from another class but in this Immersion Program as well. :)


Closing ceremony begin!

  
All 21 of us with our graduation certificates. We officially graduated from Kyung Hee University! 



I really didn't know that it would be this grand. haha.


And we received the photo we took 2 days ago. See the number of people! All of us are at the very center. Just like VIP again. hehe.


Last photo with Chun Hui and Hui En! ^.^


While walking out of school slowly together with Wen Lin. She pass me this. Birthday + Christmas + New Year + Farewell present! Made me feel super bad because I didn't get anything for her. :( Thank you Wen Lin! You are the very first friend I know during this Program and one of the 1st few who reached at the meeting point at the airport on 16 December! So happy to have you as my room mate for this 4 weeks and being our translator when comes to ordering food before we learnt how to at the very last few days. Sure is awesome to know you during this trip. And thanks for recommending me on Korean Language School in Singapore! Gonna check it out and enrol myself into the school soon because their most recent intake registration date is already over! XD Just when we are still in Korea. haha. Keep in touch and see ya around in school!

Went to the restaurant for our farewell dinner. :)



Had choice of Bulgogi or Bibimbap. But chose Bibimbap because I haven't even eaten a single traditional bibimbap yet! My very first bibimbap in 4 weeks!


With Teacher Kim. He brought us around for Corporate Visits during this 4 weeks. Must be really difficult to take care of all 21 of us. Making sure we don't get missing or injured.


Thank you Teacher Kim! For all the lessons, guidance, birthday cake and bringing us around for Corporate visit and also serving and cutting the pork rib for me. ^.^


Teacher Lee! She brought us around school on the very first day! Really cute and nice teacher who love the punishment of writing our name using our butt! XD Thank you Teacher Lee for teaching us also and bringing us around school and helping us taking photos using your camera phone! <3


Prof. Kim! Although the dean told us to call her mother for this 4 weeks. But I still prefer calling her unnie (sister)! During dinner 1 day, met her at the traditional chicken noodles shop while we were leaving after dinner. While I was about to walk out, I walked past her and she told me "Don't drink too much." :) So sweet of her although I don't know why she told me when so many of us were there and I wasn't the first or last one who left. I am like the 4th person left there? But I am still glad that she cared about me more and told me that. Even when I got the Kyung Hee jacket and cap and she saw it she was super happy. haha. Thank you unnie for everything! Keep in touch and hope to see you in the future just like what you said on Kakaotalk! <3


When I was about to leave JJ. Albatross. Wen Lin told me she wanted to walk me out and asked to take final photos of us.


I really missed all the wonderful times we had together. The first meeting at Seoul international airport. The first stay together in the same room. The first lunch together at Burger King. Walking around Hoegi and near school. Taking bus and subway together. Meeting coincidentally on the train while I was on the way back from Myeongdong and you on the way back from Dongdaemun. I have the best roomie, the best translator, the best friend! ^.^

And so that's a wrap! That's the end of the 4 weeks program! :(

2 comments:

  1. I just loved this post about the Closing Ceremony + Farewell dinner. The event looks fabulous. Food looks very tasty. Anyways, we also would be hosting a surprise dinner bash for a friend’s birthday and have just booked one of her favorite party Venues in San Francisco.

    ReplyDelete